Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Personali-TEES

Remember when t-shirts were just an article of clothing that you would throw on?  Or it was a last resort outfit?  What about when you would see a t-shirt with a saying or logo on it that was truly hysterical?  I mean, really...t-shirts were a conversation starter, comic relief, and a laundry day savior.  A few t-shirts (when in High school) actually got me into trouble.  I wasn't a goof in school but I did get my share of t-shirt detentions. Let's face it!  If you couldn't say it with your mouth, why  not let your t-shirt do the talking.  LOL


T-shirts use to be a simple wardrobe staple that offered a quick fix when the right outfit did not present itself.  But, that evolved.  Celebrities made "the t-shirt" a style.  It has now been inducted into [fashion].  Hollywood made you "uncool" if you did not partake in the t-shirt trend.  From the geeks to the gorgeous, if you're wearing a t-shirt (especially one that a celeb was seen in) you were in the IN crowd.  But, still...the t-shirt (no matter who was wearing it) was still a t-shirt.
Celebs wore them but they are still just the outfit savior.  However, now they are accompanied by paparazzi. 

But, wait...someone saw a problem and a niche with the t-shirt.  Someone got the light bulb of inspiration.  A pair of scissors and craft store has now put the t-shirt on a path to couture.


Who knew that a few rips, tears, and embellishments could make a simple cotton tee look this good.  And now recon t-shirts are all the craze. Not all tee are recons though.  Some of the t-shirts are made from scratch
as a closet work of art.  Uniquely made and creatively constructed the tee has risen to a level of popularity  that has almost out ranked the almighty JEAN (that's another blog...lol).

This trend is ever growing and increasing.  Tee designers are now taking T-shirts to the runway.  Check out the images below. 
*chin drop* Yes, those are made from t-shirts. I am beyond impressed.  And as much as I'd love to mirror a celeb, my t-shirts (99% baby tees...hee hee) are still the perfect marital relationship with my jeans and the savior to my missed laundry days. Believe me, I know how to make my jeans blush and my hamper jealous....just wear a T-shirt! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment