Friday, October 15, 2010

Green Envy

Mother Nature must being having a spa day everyday now that Oh Naturale is on the rise.  From becoming vegan to recycling, all is green.

Yes, even fashion.  Fashion is now conscious.  Conscious of the dyes and manufactured textiles.  Sounds a lil intimidating at first, but when you see what a few plants and stuff can do to an outfit, kind makes you wanna go hug a tree in gratitude.
Kelly B Couture | 45% silk / 36% hemp / 19% organic cotton
In all honesty I am really not concerned with whether my clothes came from a organically grown cotton field , eco-friendly, or a reconditioned tire.  My focus is style and then quality.  Sounds bass akwards, but its the truth.  However, in becoming more familiar with how textiles are made from beginning to end, I am now more aware and intrigued with Green Designers.  I won't say that I have converted, lets not get crazy...lol...but I will say I am more mindful in my purchases.  

With the creativity of style and design these days, you are truly unable to tell whats green and whats manufactured.  Garments are still so sexy, you really have to ask, "Whats it made of?"

Linda Loudermilk
I bet you thought that Green Fashions was just about a few tote bags and t-shirts...well it use to be.  But, not anymore.  Green is ripping the runways with haute couture designs and ready to wear.  I am beyond impressed.  Green Fashion designers are making a name for themselves and fast.  Move over_______________. (didn't wanna name my favs who aren't green...lol).  Hee Hee!

Inka Koffke
Wait Wait Wait!  You didn't think it stopped at clothing did you?  Whew! I hope not. Yes, eco-friendly and organic shoes have made it into Mother Natures matrix as well.  I toldja, fashion has become conscious and while its awake, its definitely gonna make it presence known.

Jean Paul Gaultier | 100% Eco-Friendly

OlsenHaus | 100% Brazilian Vegan Faux Suede

Yep! Yep! My mouth was in a letter "O" too.  Who knew?  Even your shoes can give back and be healthy.  *giggle*  The race is on and green is growing.  Its not a competition, but someone in this game of fashion has gotta win.  Knowing me, I'd buy the green shoe and eat a sandwich wrapped in plastic after shopping . Oh well.

I guess one way to look at it is, while your making purchases and making someone else rich, you're also saving the planet.  Ha!  Wait...that still doesn't sound good huh.  Oh well, when in doubt...SHOP!  And now, you can shop GREEN....with envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment